Jennifer Lawrence has cast off her tomboy Hunger Games image and now looks like absolutely amazing sex-kitten in a 50′s retro-themed cover shoot for February’s Vanity Fair Magazine.
What we especially love is her hair!! It is a high tease crown with cascading loose curls held sleekly down with a small bow headband. The overall look is feline-sexy with leopard print highwaist pants, 50′s cat-eye liner, midriff-bareing blouse, and high pointy heels which are so gorgeous on her.
However, if you want to get hair like this, unless your hair is extremely thick, you’ll need some clip-in hair extension pieces like these from HairUWear. For this picture in fact it might be a wig, or at a minimum a large piece or extension. The headband in this will do a nice job of hiding any hair pieces, so here’s how you can get this look:
1. Prep hair with a thickening spray or mousse from roots to tips. Blowdry pulling away from the scalp.
2. Set the hair on your crown in 2-3 large rollers, run the blowdryer over them for a minute, then let cool completely.
3. Slick the front of your hair back with some water and gel, hold in place with bobby pins or barrettes. Put headband over barrettes (you can take them out once hair is completely dry.
4. As you remove hair from rollers, tease the roots with a fine-tooth comb.
5. Curl just the bottom 6-8 inches of your hair with a large barrel curling iron, like our EasyCurl! Finger comb any pieces that are too perfect looking.
7. Smooth down the top layer and spray this bad boy with plenty of aquanet!