Girl Burns Own Hair Off with Curling Iron Beauty Video

Tori Locklear was a middle schooler trying to make a video on how to curl your hair, when on the first take she burns off an entire section of her hair! How did this happen? And how can you make sure not to do it to yourself??

Avi Elkayam, founder of Runway Tools, suspects that there are a lot of factors that led to Tori’s roasted ringlet:

“The hair at your temples is usually finer and weaker than hair anywhere else on your head – so it was too delicate for that kind of styling. It’s likely that her curling iron was set at a temperature much higher than she needed to achieve a style. Tori’s hair is light and very fine, so she likely needs a very low temperature like 200F-250F to get a lasting curl. Most wand irons just have high and low settings – she probably set it on high to make sure it worked for the video. And she probably only needs to hold the iron in place for 3-5 seconds – I could tell she left it in place a little too long. Lastly, the Tresemme spray she used, which she suspects was the cause, contains a lot of alcohol, so it’s very drying, and possibly contributed to her hair falling off in one big piece.”